Thursday, February 3, 2011

"TIGER"

Wow, I have been watching my brothers and sisters train on www.reapercrew4life.com and I am telling you what, it awakens my inner tiger! For those of you who wonder, "where is that spellman guy"? I am currently serving my country in a foriegn land. Now, this is not my first deployment and saying that, i have to say that if you have ever loved something, or anything in your life and had to willingly give it up for a period of time then you will know where I am coming from. Jiu-Jitsu is a way of life for me! I have watched close friends in our community (Jiu-Jitsu community) have to do without training because of injury or sickness, and it burns them up not being able to train and compete, but this is a different type of hunger I'm talking about, to be sound in mind and body, but to not have the resources and time is painfull to say the least. I have read my buddies blogs, Marshall Thompson on, www.theunkownwarrior.com about these same type of pains and how he overcame them. There is a mental aspect of our game that goes beyond that of any other sport I have been a part of, and what it has helped me learn is this, that no matter what posistion I may find myself in, there is always an open door, always a little wiggle room, basically there is always hope. The "gental art" is a glorious thing to be a part of. It provides help to those in the "Flavelas" of Brasil to overcome viloence, it helps the intraverted child break free from his or her shell, and it helps me, talking, watching video, reading, writing and trying to be a part of "it" when the actuall movement cannot be attained. Just some food for thought, as you can tell, I am real ready to train, I almost laugh at this when I read it but I am sure some will understand where all of this is coming from. I can run all day, lift weights and do plyometrics but I am not satisfied with a singular non -combatant type of exersice. So my tiger style is paitently waiting to unleash itself on some poor sole here real soon. Good training.

1 comment: